May 23, 2011

Nikon ED50 Spotting Scope

My brother and I first saw this spotting scope on one of the Eastman’s hunts with Nate Simmons. After talking about it for awhile with him, and him asking a few people what they thought about it, we decided to get it for our birthday present. Once I saw it, the first thing I noticed was how small it was. I then took it outside in my front yard and started looking thru it. The quality for how small this thing is is ridiculous. I’m used to looking thru a Swarovski 80mm, but this thing is every bit as good, but with a smaller field of view and less power. It is going to be an awesome little scope for our backpacking hunts this summer. I can’t wait to get out to the mountains this week on our first scouting trip to try it out.

The tree in the picture on the left is 570 yards away and it was about 90 degrees outside.

And the picture on the right is the Nikon with some Swarovski 8x30 binoculars.

IMG_0032IMG_0036

No comments:

Post a Comment